June 23, 1999
3085 ENG II
Karl Levitt (KL), Jim Hoagland (JH), Dave Peticolas (DP), Aaron Keen (AK), Mark Heckman (MH), and Premkumar Devanbu (PD)
- Look at Jonathan Smith's website at Penn State - Switchware Project
- Resource allocations - can't have DoS by malicious packet
- Policy language similar to Jim's
- Aaron Keen discusses the Miro papers
- Policy on user/files and access between users/files
- Positive/negative access rights
- Instance Language vs. Constraint Language
- Not a dynamic language
- Statically take a picture or your network
- Constraints tell you if an instance is legal
- How much information do you have to look at - can you just look at the changes?
- Is there a policy that is not only dependent on the current state, but also dependent on how you go there?
- Infinite amount of objects that can be created - how do you keep track of the history?